The below are immediate openings! Apply today.
United Methodist Women is actively seeking qualified candidates for the position of MEETING PLANNERin Events Management for our national office in New York City. Feel free to apply if you are interested and meet the qualifications.
Summary of Responsibilities:The Events Management Department of United Methodist Women (UMW) is seeking a Meeting Planner to plan meetings of 100 and under. The Meeting Planner will have sole responsibility for the successful planning, management and implementation of assigned events according to the logistic and legal needs of the organization. While on site they are in charge of smooth implementation, the safety and well-being of all attendees including the Board of Directors, staff and any officers and leaders of the broader organization from across the United States and around the globe.
Supervisory Responsibility The Meeting Planner acts as the top supervisor of all needed consultants and staff assistants for planning and implementation on site as requested.
The Meeting Planner should have strong people skills, be energetic, personable, self-motivated, and self-directed. The successful candidate for this position is able to maintain a calm demeanor while juggling rapidly changing priorities and moving the workload forward. This person is comfortable in a deadline-driven environment, can strategize and problem-solve. This position has a heavy logistical focus that requires independent thinking and attention to detail. The Meeting Planner will have final decision-making authority and use ultimate judgement and discretion when interacting with the most sensitive areas of the organization’s work.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and work experience with logistical coordination of major events, event planning and/or mission agency or other women oriented non-profit organizations.
- Experienced professional with a minimum of two years in production/event planning environments.
- Familiarity with the United Methodist Church and its partnerships a major plus.
- Experience in event management and customer-service related roles.
- Experience in meeting management: basic hotel contracts, room-set up, catering, Audio/Visual.
- Extreme tact and discernment in maintaining financial information confidentially.
- Flexible leadership style with a strong attention to detail. Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Good people skills required. The ability to work with all personalities from “performer” personalities and their needs, to volunteers, Directors, Advisory Group members, and members.
- Knowledge of budgets and billing systems required. Understanding of basic contracts for performance and technical vendor participation
- Able to adhere to and organize multiple timelines and deadlines.
- Good communication skills with the ability to articulate complex pieces of logistical information in a clear and a concise way. Must have the ability to take complex lists of data and turn it into schedule for participants.
- Experienced in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word – table functions.
- Ability to quickly learn and use event management systems.
- Able to lift up to 25-pound boxes and other event related shipping items.
Benefits Health, Life, Dental, EAP, LTD, FSA, generous time-off benefits, closed August Fridays and Christmas week. 8% employer contribution to retirement with 2% match.
- For more information on the essential duties and responsibilities OR to apply, go to:
Guest Services Coordinator
Description: This position is responsible for general administration tasks and supervision coverage, for the Welcome Center, during peak hours.
Click here to apply!
Homeowner Services and Community Outreach Coordinator
Description: Yachad is seeking a self-motivated and innovative individual to join the staff as Homeowner and Outreach Services Program Coordinator. This entry level position is responsible for working with the Executive Director and staff, to facilitate the organization’s single-family home repair program, working with lower-income homeowners and faith-based and nonprofit organizations in Washington, D.C. and Prince George’s County, Maryland. The ideal candidate will have a background in project management or social work, an interest in poverty-related issues, a housing background is a plus, and strong organizational skills to be able to manage a variety of constituencies.
About Yachad: Yachad’s mission is to bring communities together by preserving affordable homes and revitalizing neighborhoods throughout the District of Columbia and the greater metropolitan area. Yachad is a Hebrew word for “together.” Our work is done in partnership with homeowners, houses of worship, nonprofits, and other community stakeholders. We mobilize skilled and unskilled volunteers, invest financial resources, and transform people and properties. Our mission is rooted in the Jewish commitment to seek justice by engaging in acts of loving kindness. (www.yachad-dc.org)
1. Home Repair Outreach and Planning
- Expand and implement outreach for Yachad’s home repair program through network of houses of worship, nonprofit organizations and community stakeholders in targeted DC and Prince George’s County communities.
- Conduct screening interviews with potential homeowners. Conduct initial house site visits to determine eligibility. Work with staff to develop portfolio of homeowners needing repair assistance.
- Manage communications related to screening, accepting and rejecting home repair projects.
- Coordinate all aspects of caseload home repair projects working with homeowners, construction managers and skilled tradespeople.
2. Homeowner Education Program
- Oversee the implementation and management of Homeowners Workshop Series
- Develop pool of teachers
- Update Homeowners Workshop curriculum as needed.
- Develop printed and on-line outreach materials describing Yachad’s program services for lower income homeowners.
- Promote through social media Yachad’s work from the perspective of both homeowners and volunteers
- Able to organize projects and set priorities, ensuring the timely completion of all activities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, motivated team member, and task oriented leader
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 1-2 years’ work experience
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Constant Contact or equivalent software, photo and graphics software preferable
- Familiarity with Washington, DC and Prince George’s County, Maryland is strongly encouraged
- Knowledge of housing issues is a plus
- Familiarity with marketing and social media strategies and e-newsletter software/applications
- Significant amount of home visits requires access to a car
Information Technology Openings For Immediate Consideration
Number of individuals that are needed is next to the position/title.(2) Senior Project Managers (3) Metrics Analysts (3) Change Management Analyst Security Engineers (3) SOC Analysts (3) Oracle Database Engineers (3) Windows/Linux Administrators Please send name and resume to Hasker.Samuel@gmail.com.
Executive Director at InspireDCInspireDC is seeking a full-time Executive Director to champion the organization’s strategic direction, innovation, fundraising, and stakeholder engagement efforts. This position is a unique opportunity to engage churches, community-based organizations, foundations and social entrepreneurs that are committed to breaking the oppressive bonds of poverty by creating transformational communities that build bridges across lines of difference. The ideal candidate is a highly passionate leader and effective communicator with experience leading or launching a startup. Submit a cover letter, resume and three references. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Details for submission included in the job description and instructions download. Click here for more info: http://inspiredc.org/executive-director-search/