The below are immediate openings! Apply today.
Homeowner Services and Community Outreach Coordinator
Description: Yachad is seeking a self-motivated and innovative individual to join the staff as Homeowner and Outreach Services Program Coordinator. This entry level position is responsible for working with the Executive Director and staff, to facilitate the organization’s single-family home repair program, working with lower-income homeowners and faith-based and nonprofit organizations in Washington, D.C. and Prince George’s County, Maryland. The ideal candidate will have a background in project management or social work, an interest in poverty-related issues, a housing background is a plus, and strong organizational skills to be able to manage a variety of constituencies.
About Yachad: Yachad’s mission is to bring communities together by preserving affordable homes and revitalizing neighborhoods throughout the District of Columbia and the greater metropolitan area. Yachad is a Hebrew word for “together.” Our work is done in partnership with homeowners, houses of worship, nonprofits, and other community stakeholders. We mobilize skilled and unskilled volunteers, invest financial resources, and transform people and properties. Our mission is rooted in the Jewish commitment to seek justice by engaging in acts of loving kindness. (www.yachad-dc.org)
1. Home Repair Outreach and Planning
- Expand and implement outreach for Yachad’s home repair program through network of houses of worship, nonprofit organizations and community stakeholders in targeted DC and Prince George’s County communities.
- Conduct screening interviews with potential homeowners. Conduct initial house site visits to determine eligibility. Work with staff to develop portfolio of homeowners needing repair assistance.
- Manage communications related to screening, accepting and rejecting home repair projects.
- Coordinate all aspects of caseload home repair projects working with homeowners, construction managers and skilled tradespeople.
2. Homeowner Education Program
- Oversee the implementation and management of Homeowners Workshop Series
- Develop pool of teachers
- Update Homeowners Workshop curriculum as needed.
- Develop printed and on-line outreach materials describing Yachad’s program services for lower income homeowners.
- Promote through social media Yachad’s work from the perspective of both homeowners and volunteers
- Able to organize projects and set priorities, ensuring the timely completion of all activities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, motivated team member, and task oriented leader
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 1-2 years’ work experience
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Constant Contact or equivalent software, photo and graphics software preferable
- Familiarity with Washington, DC and Prince George’s County, Maryland is strongly encouraged
- Knowledge of housing issues is a plus
- Familiarity with marketing and social media strategies and e-newsletter software/applications
- Significant amount of home visits requires access to a car
Yachad is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.
Information Technology Openings For Immediate Consideration
Number of individuals that are needed is next to the position/title.(2) Senior Project Managers
(3) Metrics Analysts
(3) Change Management Analyst Security Engineers
(3) SOC Analysts
(3) Oracle Database Engineers
(3) Windows/Linux Administrators
Please send name and resume to Hasker.Samuel@gmail.com.
Executive Director at InspireDCInspireDC is seeking a full-time Executive Director to champion the organization’s strategic direction, innovation, fundraising, and stakeholder engagement efforts. This position is a unique opportunity to engage churches, community-based organizations, foundations and social entrepreneurs that are committed to breaking the oppressive bonds of poverty by creating transformational communities that build bridges across lines of difference. The ideal candidate is a highly passionate leader and effective communicator with experience leading or launching a startup.
Submit a cover letter, resume and three references. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Details for submission included in the job description and instructions download.
Click here for more info: http://inspiredc.org/executive-director-search/